New Industry and Research Trends
in AI Frontier and NIPS Conferences
When: 14:30 p.m. — 16:30 p.m. December 16th (Sunday)
Location: CSC 3-33, U of A
Abstract: 2018 AI Frontier and NIPS conferences have just finished. Many new industry and research trends were demonstrated. Dr.Yuxi Li will give a review on the conferences and highlight some inspiring thoughts during this workshop.
Speaker: Dr. Yuxi Li
- Founder, attain.ai
- Author, Deep Reinforcement Learning: https://arxiv.org/abs/1810.
06339, (150 pages)
- Former associate professor in China
- Former senior data scientist in Boston area in USA
- Talks about AlphaGo and deep reinforcement learning, including one in MIT and one for AI seminar at the University of Alberta
- PhD/Postdoc, at AMII, RLAI, Computing Science, University of Alberta